Inventory form

Hi there,

I'm trying to create an app for inventory data entry.
So far, I have about 50 columns in my base table and I'm almost done.

After capturing the data I will need it to be reformatted to 8 different csv-files that are compatible with our later systems. All of them contain 5-30 rows per new entry (basically unpivoting). I thought this would be an easy task, but I have encountered a lot of problems with every approach I tried.

The "create a new file" automatization seems only to be working for one row at time, so that it's immediately useless to me.
Currently I'm using bots to do the reformatting (a lot of "add new row" tasks), which works in theory.
Since I'd like the files to be downloaded with a few clicks and not have the user go through a mega menรผ of views to download each csv I'm trying to capture the formatted data in a dropbox file which will be accessible on the client that needs it for later systems.
But after a few lines, the dropbox editing fails. In testing, usually not all lines that are in the automatization will be added and some processes will be executed twice (for no reason?).

I'm pretty sure appsheet is capable of the reformatting and providing the data easily accessible one way or another and I'm simply on a totally wrong track.

Can someone give me a hint how I should do the reformatting and how I would make the data accessible on a desktop in some user friendly fashion?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 7 309
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steps from base table to all export formats are perfectly logical and they all theoretically work with the bots I created but it takes the app 5 minutes to write 120 rows in the second format and every other time it crashes after 30 lines and never finishes

Are you running sets of actions from the Bot? If so, I'd recommend trying to do it with a webhook to Appsheet API instead.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

You should show your data structure, and examples of how you need it to be reformatted.

As I said I thought it'd be logical to capture data in a base table and let it be reformatted with a bot in seperate tables.
This is what my base table looks like:

IDnameproperty 1property 2property 3property 4property 5price
1blablagreen2,8iOS compatible, Android compatibleSAS202274

And what I actually need (among others) is this:

IDnameprice
1blabla74
1-01blabla basic74
1-02blabla premium84
1-03blabla enterprise94

AND

IDpropertyproperty value
1property 1green
1-01property 1green
1-02property 1green
1-03property 1green
1property 22,8
1-01property 22,8
1-02property 22,8
1-03property 22,8

Steps from base table to all export formats are perfectly logical and they all theoretically work with the bots I created but it takes the app 5 minutes to write 120 rows in the second format and every other time it crashes after 30 lines and never finishes

Are you running sets of actions from the Bot? If so, I'd recommend trying to do it with a webhook to Appsheet API instead.

Could you not just create 8 slices of your main table and use them?

I don't think so?
I mean how would I get the two export tables with a slice?

BUENAS NECESITO AYUDA, TENGO ESTA TABLA PARA CONTROLAR EL STOCK DE CORREA, PARA DAR INGRESO A LAS CORREAS TENGO UNA TABLA DE COMPRA CORREAS Y PARA LAS SALIDAS CREE LA TABLA REEMPLAZO DE CORREA, HE INTENTANTO DE TODO Y NO LOGRO HACER QUE EN LA COLUMNA ENTRAS SE ME REFLEJEN LAS COMPRAS Y EN LA COLUMNA SALIDA SE ME REFLEJE LA DE REEMPLAZO DE CORREA, SI ALGUIENME PUEDE AYUDAR POR FAVOR

STOCK DE CORREASTOCK DE CORREA

STOCK DE CORREA

Top Labels in this Space