Iphone portrait to landscape back to portrait not rendering correctly

Hi,
@Steve I’ve been working on an app for a client, and he noticed on his iphone that parts of views are being cut off the side. I tested this on my own iphone and had the same issue. I created a simple app unrelated to the one for my client, and still have the same issue. It occurs as follows:

1. View is fine in portrait
  2. Flip phone from portrait to landscape, and landscape is ok, but off cenetered
  3. Flip phone back to portrait, and it’s like the view is still stuck in landscape.
  4. Sometimes the only way I’ve found to fix this is logging out of appsheet, then back in. Intermittently it will re-orient correctly if I orient the phone back to landscape then back to portrait.
  5. On an android device, this problem has not been duplicated.

This clearly isn’t device related, since it occurs on both our phones. For what it’s worth, I just installed the latest version of Appsheet onto my own iphone, and saw this result.

See these pictures:
Portrait everything is fine:

Landscape, but shifted to the right:

Portrait mode now cutting off the sides, almost like it is still in landscape.

Any thoughts, or is this a known iOs bug for Appsheet? I haven’t seen much about this in the forums…

Solved Solved
0 6 229
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry for the inconvience! We have found the issue and have a fix that’s being pushed out later today.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

This should be a bug on iOS AppSheet App.
Could you please register support ticket to support desk formally?

iOS app is kinds of buggy for now. Some of our production app is not runnable, as it keeps freezing.
Really annoying.

Ok, I put in a request to appsheet support.

Yep I’m getting reports of same problem. Looks like latest iOS update may be the culprit.

@mandar and @Patrick_Wong who are looking into this in engineering. We will get back with updates.

Sorry for the inconvience! We have found the issue and have a fix that’s being pushed out later today.

@Patrick_Wong Thank you! Will users have to update the iOS Appsheet app from the app store, or will it be transparent when the app is synced?

Top Labels in this Space