Is LIST shorthand no longer supported? Or is this a bug?

I think it's a bug in the Expression Assistant or else apps would stop working.

List shorthand syntax:

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 11.15.53โ€ฏAM.png

Formal LIST syntax:

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 11.19.58โ€ฏAM.png

0 7 141
7 REPLIES 7

Hey man,

LIST() is an AppSheet function and can be used in other functions, whereas {} is not/cannot. I don't think that behavior ever changed

It sounds Address is somehow recognized other than a normal string. If you use a word "Addres", I would guess it works fine.

I'll check this...BUT...the shorthand approach is what has been in place for a year now.  I was recently updating the column names due to an app change.  The Type list did not need to change.  With my updates, however, the Type list is no longer allowed in the shorthand form.  Note that "Address" is STILL allowed in the LIST() function.

It has been my understanding that {} and LIST() are equivalent.  So...wouldn't the illustrated behavior in the original post be a bug?

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

Note that "Address" is STILL allowed in the LIST() function.

Words like "Address", "Product" etc., can trigger this issue, especially without double quotes. However, in this case, you already have a double quote, which should resolve your problem. Nonetheless, the error you are encountering appears to be the one I mentioned already.

I have seen within last few years some words now and then that have acted like this.. and where the double quotes won't help.

@AleksiAlkio wrote:

If you use a word "Addres", I would guess it works fine.

This must fix the issue

Yes, it's a bug.

Top Labels in this Space