Is a part of? - Error

Why are the checkboxes of a referenced table unchecked every time I update a field in the database?. I have in the same table two columns referenced to other tables and this option is unchecked and therefore they disappear from the application
Captura de pantalla 2023-10-29 174717.png

Thanks!!

0 1 40
1 REPLY 1

@AlvaroKe wrote:

Why are the checkboxes of a referenced table unchecked every time I update a field in the database?

Due to the title, I assume you mean that the "Is part of" property becomes unchecked after checking it?  The "Is part of" creates, what I refer to as, a "tightly coupled" parent/child relationship. 

You can only have 1 of these on each child table - i.e. a child can have only one parent.  If you were marking two columns with the "Is part of" property turned on,  it likely that AppSheet is disallowing this by automatically unchecking the second column property and providing a yellow warning message like this:

Screenshot 2023-10-29 at 3.01.50โ€ฏPM.png

@AlvaroKe wrote:

and this option is unchecked and therefore they disappear from the application

What do you mean by disappear?  While AppSheet will automatically uncheck the "Is part of" property for all but the first one, the other columns should still perform as normal Ref columns. Please provide an example of where it shown but then disappears.

Top Labels in this Space