Is it Possible to Create a Form that Asks for Inventory Levels for All Items in a Sheet?

I would like to create a form that asks the user to enter inventory for all items in a sheet.  Right now the Simple Inventory Sample only allows you to select one item at a time to capture inventory.  Thanks.

Wade

0 5 120
5 REPLIES 5

No, not as a Form View.

HOWEVER...

...AppSheet does have the feature to edit in a Table View.  The idea would be to create a Table View that shows all of the Inventory Item rows you would like to potentially edit.  Tap the QuickEdit button in the upper right-hand corner of the app (only shows on a Table View with QuickEdit on).  The table will switch to an editable view allowing the user change which-ever columns you have configured to be edited in any of the rows being viewed.  All changes are then saved with a single tap of the Save button!

To do this, there is a property named "Enable QuickEdit" on the Table view, turn it on.   This will allow the QuickEdit button to appear.

I hope this helps!

Turn on QuickEdit

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 6.11.29 PM.png

In Table View, tap QuickEdit button to allow editing of any viewed rows

Screenshot 2022-12-19 at 6.12.12 PM.png

Unfortunately, I am looking to capture it as a discrete inventory update, so I can track changes over a period.  That said, this is a good tip, thanks.

Wade

@wadewa0352 wrote:

so I can track changes over a period.

What changes?   

In the method I described, even though there is a single Save, each row is sent as an individual edit.  E.g. let's say there are 20 rows edited and then Saved.  These 20 rows are sent as 20 different individual edits.  You can then capture each of these in an automation to apply whatever tracking you wish.  Maybe its a Price change so you want to save the old Price to a Price History table.  Maybe its an "Available Quantity" change - you can save the old amount to an Change Audit table.

If you had something else in mind, please elaborate.

Then I must have misunderstood what you were saying.  Let me take a closer look, in case I have more questions.  Thanks.

Wade

@wadewa0352 wrote:

Then I must have misunderstood what you were saying.

You didn't misunderstand,  I didn't elaborate well-enough what I meant by... "All changes are then saved with a single tap of the Save button!"  

One thing to always keeps in mind...

AppSheet is a row-based processing system.  This means that when an edit is made, it is to the ROW not just the column.  If you were to change 4 different columns in the same change action (such as in a Table QuickEdit or a single action where 4 columns are modified).  These are still treated as a single ROW edit.

If I change a single column and Save (or execute an action that modifies a single column) and I do this 4 times to modify 4 different columns - these are sent as 4 separate row edits.

Top Labels in this Space