Is it possible to automatically select the fi...

Is it possible to automatically select the first button on a enum list?

0 9 1,498
9 REPLIES 9

Put that value in as the initial value

IF you read the list from another table like TableName[ColumnName, you should be able to read the first value with ANY(TableName[ColumnName])

@Aleksi_Alkio My problem is I have 3 list in my Customer Details spreadsheet.

Station Name, Client Name, Client Numbers. When the station name is added from a drop down menu I have both the others come up with the details but then you have to select them. I would like to automatically select so I can hide the details from the form. The second are only for administration purposes.

Hopefully that makes sense.

@Arron_Piercy_SWD your can use the initial value for that. So long as they come after, appsheet will handle it well.

@Grant_Stead What would I use in the initial value?

Sorry to sound a bit thick.

@Arron_Piercy_SWD so, if your list is an enum then it’s simple if for example you had… “Not Started”, “In Progress”, “Completed” and you always want the record to initialize as “Not Started” then you simple write that in the initial value spot in the column definition… =“Not Started”

In your case I’m assuming appsheet is doing some automatic Dependent Referencing…

Is there always only one option? Cause you’ll need to do an ANY(SELECT… Where your looking at the table those are referencing… Honestly, some more details would be good

The ANY (TableName[ColumnName]) works for the first Station only but each Station has a different client so don’t want show the first result.

I want to to show the correspondent client name and client number for each station. This will work using Valid_IF TableName[ColumnName] but then you have to select the button even tho there will only be one answer.

I want to Auto select the button so I can hid in the background of the app.

The ANY (TableName[ColumnName]) works for the first Station only but each Station has a different client so don’t want show the first result.

I want to to show the correspondent client name and client number for each station. This will work using Valid_IF TableName[ColumnName] but then you have to select the button even tho there will only be one answer.

I want to Auto select the button so I can hid in the background of the app.

@Arron_Piercy_SWD yeah, that’s why it’s seeming like it shouldn’t even be a user populated field, simply an app formula running a select function based on the first column… I don’t know your table layout, but I’m thinking that’s what you need. Take a look at the select function here. It’s basically going to be ANY(SELECT( TABLE[columnofinterest] and a filter))

https://help.appsheet.com/expressions/expression-types/list-expressions-and-aggregates

Top Labels in this Space