Is it possible to get data from one table and update another table in appSheet

Hi

I am new to appsheet and could make an app with simple form data entry which was updated in google sheet. But suddenly I am looking for a complex situation, may be it is only looking me complex and may be simple for you guys.

Here is my sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13sYg1D-uwxmcp7PODRpAK1Mc6GqzHOAVWpDvvTNSmnU/edit#gid=0

First sheet is students list with roll numbers and their yesterday's test score. The column D is not there, it is just added for understanding, it will be filled by someone in AppSheet.

What I want is if any student has different scores than yesterday's scores, their improvement or decline difference should be copied to "Difference" sheet. The data to be copied is highlighted as yellow in both sheets for understanding.

Is it possible to be done in AppSheet? How is it possible that Table data is taken from "Daily Timing" sheet and when today's marks are filled in AppScript dashboard, the differences data is copied to "Differences" sheet? What I need to learn for this, a link to some like project will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 3 89
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One approach is

1) Create an action to create a new row in another table (Difference) based on data from this row  (Daily Timing)

Data: add a new row to another table by using values from this row 

You have to write a condition to control when to execute this action.

You need SELECT(), comparison operation., ISNOTBLANK(), AND() to check if a valid score is entered, and there is a difference between the scores of today's and yesterday's

2) Register this action on Form Saved event

The action in 1) will be executed when you save a row with a new score when the condition is met (a difference detected)

The above should be sufficient to get you started. If you need to handle the case where today's score needs to be corrected due to an erroneous input, then it becomes more complex (added functionality such as duplicate detection, delete/update depending on how you implement it.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

One approach is

1) Create an action to create a new row in another table (Difference) based on data from this row  (Daily Timing)

Data: add a new row to another table by using values from this row 

You have to write a condition to control when to execute this action.

You need SELECT(), comparison operation., ISNOTBLANK(), AND() to check if a valid score is entered, and there is a difference between the scores of today's and yesterday's

2) Register this action on Form Saved event

The action in 1) will be executed when you save a row with a new score when the condition is met (a difference detected)

The above should be sufficient to get you started. If you need to handle the case where today's score needs to be corrected due to an erroneous input, then it becomes more complex (added functionality such as duplicate detection, delete/update depending on how you implement it.)

Hi, thank you for showing me the path. I am taking actions path and hope will make good progress as I am now learning from your links. I strongly realize I have started building without knowing the basics.

I have another question about how the app interface looks like. Which view type should I select in which the display shows Col1 = Roll No, Col2 = list of students, Col3 = yesterday's marks and Col4 = an input column for today's marks, all 4 columns in a single screen with 10 rows (at least) and 4 columns. Which view type like form, table etc or other can work for this? Or should I learn about dashboard to make it work. Again, I am new and will have to learn these view types but need a guidance about my route. Thanks a lot

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106772

If you want to display multiple rows, then one of table, card, deck views should be used. Since your data do not have any images, table would be most fitting.

Top Labels in this Space