Is it possible to implement ranking in Appsheet?

Imagine this scenario: you have a group of coaches [table], and a group of soccer players [table]. The soccer players have a ranking field. However, only coaches can rank them from 1 to 10, and their rank would be the sum of all the ranking divided by the rankers.
Is that possible in Appsheet?

0 5 728
5 REPLIES 5

Of course it’s possible

Can you explain it please ?

Have you build your app? What is the relationship between the coaches table and the players table? What’s the ranking process? Each coach only ranks his/her own set of players assigned or coaches can rank multiple players? I mean i.e. Coach1 and Coach2 can both rank Player1?

Can you also elaborate this part explicitly:

Hi @LeventK, thanks for your response,
The rank is numeric, like each coach can rank any player from one to 10, then the players rank will be the average of all the ranking given. Players cannot rank themselves, only coaches can rank them.

@Shalaw_Fatah
Provided you have a [Ranking] column in your table, where it’s seen and editable by coaches only, then you can use AVERAGE() expression in a Virtual column. However, I may advise creating a Ranking sheet first with only 3 columns: ID, PlayerID, Rank* and then connect this sheet with a reverse-ref (isPartOf set to ON) to your [Ranking] column in the Players table. You can create a virtual column in Ranking table:

//[Player Avg]//
AVERAGE(
        [Related Players][Rank]
)

and then de-ref this Virtual Column from your Players table via

[Ranking].[Player Avg]

or directly without using the Avg VC

AVERAGE(
    SELECT(
        Rankings[Rank],
        [PlayerID] = [_THISROW].[PlayerID]
    )