Is it possible to record the duration from login to logout

I am creating a task manager app, when Someone login the app with their details and logout after the task gets completed , So that I need to get the time taken for the work to complete.

0 3 239
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, any DateTime operations result in a Duration type value.  For example, you could add a column named, maybe, "Online Duration" and then set it with an App Formula expression like this:

[Logout DateTime] - [Login DateTime]

Maybe you want this in hours instead so you could set "Hours Online" with this expression:

TOTALHOURS([Logout DateTime] - [Login DateTime]) 

More details on TOTALHOURS()

so, when someone logged in the app, I get the login time and when they logout I get logout time. Moreover, they logout if there is no work and they login when they get the work to do. So, can I get the total duration for work done for the day?

Yes.  I think you are suggesting there could be multiple login/logout entries for the day.  You would simply use the SUM() function to sum up the durations for each of these.

A side note, many sample apps for Time Tracking have Login as one table and Logout as another table OR have Login's and Logout's as separate row in a single table.  If you are just logging the activity then this approach is ok.

Because you are calculating and Summing durations, I instead recommend that you have a Time Entry table and record Login and the corresponding Logout in the same row - either as separate DateTime columns OR as Ref columns to separate Login/Logout tables.   This allows you to compute the durations much more easily as well as makes it easier to ensure there are corresponding Logout's to every Login.

Top Labels in this Space