Is it possible to run Data: execute an action on a set of rown, in more than two list on the referenced rows?

pex
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hello!
Setting up an Action, Data: Execute an action on set of rown. Seems to work great until I add more than one Referenced Rows on the formula filed. The bottom does not run after adding the additional referenced rows. Both rows pulls reference from the same table, but assigned to different columns and both are ref_rows.

Do I have to include a formula for it to run properly for more than one reference row list? at the moment I have it set as this:

[Column1][Column2]

The referenced action is working when ran independently.

Thanks!

Solved Solved
1 4 178
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thank you Steve!

So I'm trying to do something similar and I want to make sure I understand. 

Here is my use case (as simply put as I can):

I have a table with job assignments for staff (Assignment Table):
WO_Number, Build_id, Date_assigned, Part_Number, Qty_to_Build, Complete, etc. etc. 

This table is being displayed with a "Start" button next to each assignment which creates a row in another table (Log Table):
Date, Start_time, Stop_Time, Complete, Employee, WO_Number, etc. etc. 

Mulitple employees can "Start" a Work Order (WO) and likewise and "Stop" a Work Order. But eventually, the WO will be complete so I want an Action that will mark TRUE in both the Assignment table and the Log table. 

It looks like what I'm seeing here is that what I need to do is in effect JOIN the two tables into a third table to be able to globally do this? (but only to that third table)

Further can you please help me with the syntax of the equation to have it mark Complete on all of the rows on the Log table that share the same WO_Number

Even further...I can't figure out how to put that "Stop" action in a View that is referencing the Assignment Table?

Please start a new topic for your questions.

Top Labels in this Space