Is it possible to show a different set of views in the navigation bar based on active view?

My goal is to display different sets of buttons on the navigation bar based on which active view I am currently in. 

For example, lets say I select "Tasks" from this menu:

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 8.00.10 PM.png

I would love to be able to have the bottom navigation bar change to a set of different Slices of tasks:

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 8.04.05 PM.png

I would love to have the same behavior for each of the other menu items: "Projects, Invoices" etc. if possible without splitting everything into separate apps.

So far my best guess is to use the "Display if" function in the view settings but I think my understanding of the code is a bit above my skill level.

How would you recommend accomplishing this? Thanks for your help!

EDIT: A side note, I realize that actually there is no way of dealing with this in the new desktop mode, which I find really helpful and efficient but there is no NavBar in that type of UI. Can anyone recommend a nice way of building this type of view swapping function into my UI?

Solved Solved
0 2 262
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

View appearance can be controlled by their Display -> Show-If field.

For instance, when you press press Tasks and it takes you to a view called Tasks, then you should set CONTEXT("view") = "Tasks" in the Show-if field of the views you want to display in the bottom bar.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

View appearance can be controlled by their Display -> Show-If field.

For instance, when you press press Tasks and it takes you to a view called Tasks, then you should set CONTEXT("view") = "Tasks" in the Show-if field of the views you want to display in the bottom bar.

Thanks so much!!

Top Labels in this Space