Is it possible to show data based on a relationship on 2 columns?

This title might be a little confusing, but this is what I want to do:

• I have a table called employees and a table called jobs. The jobs table has a "main tech" column and a "secondary tech" column. Both of them are references back to the employees table.
  • I want to select a user and show all jobs for that user whether they are secondary or main. Here are some options I thought of that would get the job done but I haven't gotten to work:
    • A dashboard, where I select a user from the users list, and it shows all jobs for that user. 
    • A slice that is grouped by the user where you can scroll down to the user and see all their jobs

Some other ideas to get it to work are fine, but the main key here is that I need to see all jobs for a user, whether they are the main or secondary user.

Solved Solved
0 2 73
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create an Inline view with this expression inside a virtual column in the Employees table:

FILTER(
  "Jobs",
  IN(
    [_THISROW],
    LIST(
      [Main Tech],
      [Secondary Tech]
    )
  )
)

This will add the list of jobs where the current tech was assigned, either by main or secondary technician 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Create an Inline view with this expression inside a virtual column in the Employees table:

FILTER(
  "Jobs",
  IN(
    [_THISROW],
    LIST(
      [Main Tech],
      [Secondary Tech]
    )
  )
)

This will add the list of jobs where the current tech was assigned, either by main or secondary technician 

I ended up going with something similar to this. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space