Is it true that I cannot run a Word template from Google Drive?

I have a client who uses Microsoft and Sharepoint for cloud file storage.  

When working on their app, I take a copy into my Google-based account which also copies the templates into a Content folder.  The files are saved into Google as DocX (Word) files and I can edit them from Google drive without issue.

However, when I attempt to run the template as a DocX file, I get the error message below.

If I copy the template into a Google Docs file, update the DocID and then rerun the automation, the proper PDF is generated.

I am just looking for confirmation that Word templates will not run from Google Drive...or a counter that they should work in this way and I need to look into it.  

Error when running Word template from Google Drive

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 11.34.13 AM.png

0 4 149
4 REPLIES 4

🤔hmmm...... not sure who to tag for this, but I'd be looking for an answer for the technical team for this.

@Aleksi @Steve would know where you look/tag....

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

So you're asking: can an XLSX file hosted on Google Drive be used as an email template?

Hi there,
same error here even though documentation says we can use .docx files if google drive is our default data source:
 https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11572694#create-template-google-drive
Did you find the solution maybe?

@WillowMobileSys that issue happened to me also. What I do is edit the Template in Word and re import after. Have found that a docx file does not render the same when edited in Google Docs.

But I save the file in Google Drive as Docx. Also use xlsx as template and it is saved as such in Google Drive and generates correctly.

Top Labels in this Space