Is possible to Filter Ref_Rows?

Hello,

Is possible to filter the data from a ref column that only shows the data if it's not blank?Captura de ecrรฃ 2022-06-15 122009.jpg

In this example, as the Column "Cliente s/ Listagem" and the "Motivo da Visita" have no data, how to not show if it is blank?

Thank you. 

0 11 211
11 REPLIES 11

Yes.  Instead of using the REF_ROWS() function you simply need to replace it with your own FILTER() or SELECT() expression.  Just remember that it is a List of Ref values.  So make sure your expression is returning a list of row key values from the child/referenced table.

thank you for your reply.

Can you please give me an example for me to understand better?

So let's make sure your need is  clear....maybe I mis-understood your question. 

Your title mentioned filtering REF_ROWs and after reading your description, I understood you to mean removing rows when certain columns within the row are blank.  This you CAN certainly do as I described above.

The other posts here are referring to removing a Column from the view.  You cannot dynamically remove an entire Column from a view.  However, if this is truly your need you can simulate removing/hiding columns by using multiple views and using an expression in each to determine which view is shown. 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It is not possible to hide the columns displayed in a(n inline) table view if the rows displayed in that view have no values in those columns.

Ohhhh ๐Ÿ™
It's not possible to do this in other ways?

There's no easy or graceful way to do what you want. The best you could do is create one additional virtual column for each combination of possible hidden columns. Each virtual column would be given the same value. Each virtual column would have to be given its own slice. Each slice would have to be given its own inline view configuration that hides the appropriate columns. Each virtual column would need an appropriate Show? expression that shows or hides the column as appropriate.

It's not worth it.

Thank you Steve. 
Like that it's not worth the time of doing it.

Can you please tell me if I'm able to do another thing?
I have a Enum List with option A, B, C and then I have a text field lets call it "Article". What I want to do if the following, if I select A or B, I can fill information on the Article, but If I select C, I want that the Article have information from a dereference. It makes sense? 
Thank you.

By using Initial Values it starts to work, but another thing that I would like to do is that only show the [Article] field if any of the Enum options A, B or C are selected. ๐Ÿค”

I have my Inicial values like this:
IF([ENUM]="C",[Designaรงรฃo].[Ref_id],[Article])

Like this maybe I might also need to configure the Show option ( because I want that Article only show up after selecting A, B or C.

Yep, configure Show?๐Ÿ™‚

Just to make it clear.

You can hide rows based on certain conditions. Like "show all rows in which [Cliente s/ Listagem] and the [Motivo da Visita] are not blank".

What you can't do is hide just those two columns and keep showing the other ones.
How would you deal with it if there are just some rows that doesn't have data and other does?

I hope you get it

Top Labels in this Space