Is there a cleaner way to apply the same actions to several Google Calendar tables?

In my app, there are a few different department's Google Calendars added. When a user completes an action, that triggers a whole list of actions to create dependent dates that will in turn create several events for that department.(User completes action > Create Date A, B, C for row > Create individual events for Date A, B, C in Calendar table)

Just_a_noobie_0-1674082007032.png

But because I can't swap calendars in "Table to add to" based off the user's department, I have to create duplicates of the same grouped actions for each calendar. The grouped actions are also essentially the same. It's so ugly, lol. Here's a flow chart in case of confusion.

Just_a_noobie_1-1674082007199.png

Currently I have 6 Calendars. So I would have 26 actions just for this alone (Not to mention the 6 bots that have to determine which grouped actions to run). Someone pls help. 

0 1 70
1 REPLY 1

I don't have experience using Google calendars as AppSheet tables, and others who do may have good advice.

Meanwhile, one technique to consider would be to create an Apps Script function that takes the user's department as a parameter, invokes the AppSheet API (or, potentially the Google Calendar service directly) to create the events in the appropriate calendar, and is called from an automation triggered by Action 2 in your diagram.

Top Labels in this Space