Is there a way to change a dropdown setting f...

Is there a way to change a dropdown setting for multiple items at once?

I understand the Batch Action feature, which can use an action, but what Iโ€™d love to do if offer the user the ability to change the STATUS for multiple items.

I realize this could be accomplished by adding a โ€œbuttonโ€, but the user needs to choose from multiple options to be applied to multiple items.

In the multiple items selected below, I want the user to be able to select a new status for each of these items in this batch.

Thanks for any insight!

0 4 332
4 REPLIES 4

To do that, you would need to create few different actions. When the user has first selected rows, he/she needs to select which action to trigger.

Alternatively to @Aleksi_Alkioโ€™s suggestion, you could create a form that allows the user to choose the affected rows and the desired action, then apply the action to the selected rows.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. The problem we are coming across with the multiple action method is that weโ€™d have simply too many actions, with a specific one for each different option.

I

also wonder if we even had, say 13 options, if it would even fit in the interface.

+Steve Coile thatโ€™s an idea I hadnโ€™t realized was possible. Iโ€™m not sure I know how you mean, but Iโ€™ll try to look into how that would work with a form.

Thank you again for your answers and input in my question.

Just guessing the nextโ€ฆ If your actions are depending on the record itself, you could hide most of the actions and then show just few of them. I

donโ€™t know your case but that could be one option too.

Top Labels in this Space