Is there a way to generate a pdf via a workfl...

Is there a way to generate a pdf via a workflow but have it store in the record instead of being emailed?

I ran into an issue with regard to “who” the email would go to and we can not use generic email accounts.

Need an alternate way to get them access to the pdf so they can open it and print.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 16 632
16 REPLIES 16

@Tammi_Canelli Create File type column and with an AppFormula construct the full path of your PDF file within the same table that you create the WF. In the WF send the email to yourself as you cannot leave the recipient field blank. The file will accessible thru the app, users can open the file from their desktop browsers and either print it from there directly or choose to download & print.

Is that for already existing files?

The pdf wouldn’t be generated until a certain action happens in the app.

Currently the workflow is setup to email after the person is checked in.

@Tammi_Canelli It is for newly generated PDF workflows. To make it work with the older records, you shall manually construct the exact file path and record in that FILE column directly from the gSheet itself.

Siguiendo Translate

@Tammi_Canelli

Basically I’m talking about this. Pay attention to the marked-up area where the PDF file links are. The Open File system action next to the field text, opens the PDF directly in the browser. The PDFs are generated by a WF rule, emailed to the admin and there’s an inbox rule in the admin’s mailbox which deletes and trashes-out the email received.

File links are auto-created by an AppFormula with a simple CONCATENATE function.

To create file links for your existing records in the gSheet, you can also do the same with an ARRAYFORMULA and CONCAT function combination. Than you can COPY the range and then PASTE AS VALUES.

Will this work if using a SQL db or does it need to gsheet or smartsheet?

@Tammi_Canelli with SQL, all the blobs (images, files, etc.) will be in the cloud associated with your AppSheet account. So it should work the same.

following. I’ll be needing this on my next app

Old thread, but How would one create this link?
I would to Create PDFs on form save via workflow and than set the link to the view in the Column of the corresponding row, just not sure at all how one would create the link.If anyone has done this before would be extremly thrilled if you could share some insight.

@Jonathan_S
Add a second step to the same PDF workflow with webhook option using preset AppSheet Edit Row option with a simple payload:

{
	"Action": "Edit",
	"Properties": {
	   "Locale": "en-US",
	   "Location": "47.623098, -122.330184",
	   "Timezone": "Pacific Standard Time"
	},
	"Rows": [
		{
		"KeyColumn": "<<[KeyColumn]>>",
		"FileColumnn": "<<_ATTACHMENTFILE_URL>>"
		}
	]
}

wooaaa.

This is completely new to me.

Locale? Im in Canada, how would that work
Location?
Timezone? Im EST

Makes no harm actually:

But if you want you can change it to > “Timezone”: “Eastern Standard Time”

Ok, but the attachment url?

This is generated from appsheet with the workflow?

Also, this payload that your talking about. this goes in the Body of this Webhook?

@Jonathan_S

Worth checking docs below

Let me dig into this alittle. Think I found another gold mine.

Enjoy my friend

Top Labels in this Space