Is there a way to have a custom form that doesn't appear on a menu without messing my Ref view

Iโ€™ve created an AddPhoto form that will enable my user to replace a photo. A button triggers a sequence of Actions that archives the old photo on the record then displays the AddPhoto form ready for a new photo to be added.

Works great except that when I press the System Add (+) button to add a whole new record, not just replace the photo, it brings up my AddPhoto form because Iโ€™ve made it a Ref View. If I make the AddPhoto form a Menu view then I get the system Add record form as normal, but I donโ€™t want the AddPhoto form to be available on the menu because it is only valid as a part of the sequence of Actions.

Iโ€™ve tried creating a new Action to add a record using an alternative form but I canโ€™t seem to get the Add button to apppear as an overlay on the list form. Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 4 174
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Set the Show_If property of this AddPhoto Form on the Menu to FALSE. It will be hidden but can still be accessed through actions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Set the Show_If property of this AddPhoto Form on the Menu to FALSE. It will be hidden but can still be accessed through actions.

Brilliant! Thanks. I didnโ€™t know you could do that!

Another option is to create a new Slice just for the Form view. I prefer this way because it also works for sub-views in Dashboards. If you try Johnโ€™s way, the view actually doesnโ€™t show up within the dashboard.

Thanks Marc, both useful options. Appreciate your additional comments

Top Labels in this Space