Is there a way to have a custom form that doesn't appear on a menu without messing my Ref view

I’ve created an AddPhoto form that will enable my user to replace a photo. A button triggers a sequence of Actions that archives the old photo on the record then displays the AddPhoto form ready for a new photo to be added.

Works great except that when I press the System Add (+) button to add a whole new record, not just replace the photo, it brings up my AddPhoto form because I’ve made it a Ref View. If I make the AddPhoto form a Menu view then I get the system Add record form as normal, but I don’t want the AddPhoto form to be available on the menu because it is only valid as a part of the sequence of Actions.

I’ve tried creating a new Action to add a record using an alternative form but I can’t seem to get the Add button to apppear as an overlay on the list form. Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 4 168
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Set the Show_If property of this AddPhoto Form on the Menu to FALSE. It will be hidden but can still be accessed through actions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Set the Show_If property of this AddPhoto Form on the Menu to FALSE. It will be hidden but can still be accessed through actions.

Brilliant! Thanks. I didn’t know you could do that!

Another option is to create a new Slice just for the Form view. I prefer this way because it also works for sub-views in Dashboards. If you try John’s way, the view actually doesn’t show up within the dashboard.

Thanks Marc, both useful options. Appreciate your additional comments

Top Labels in this Space