Is there a way to limit who can add rows to a child table?

I have a parent-child table relationship from Contract to Approval Round based on Contract Id:

Scott_Nesbitt_0-1696271140199.png

I would like the creation of child Approval Round records to be limited to the person who created the parent Contract record, so I know I need to put a clause in the "only if" Add action.

However, I don't think I can do something like this, since the child record does not exist yet:

[Contract Id].[Created By] = USEREMAIL()

Is there some way to limit this?

Thanks

0 5 123
5 REPLIES 5

Hello, 

This might not be the best solution but probably you can add an automation that deletes the row if child and parent don't have the same USEREMAIL().

It depends from where you trigger the action. If you create your own action and you select the inline, you could hide or show that action depending on user on parent table view.

Or to add to the above.  Have the normal virtual list column to show for some people.  Then create another that instead points to a slice which is edit only or read only.

Hmm, how could I add my own action on a child record?  That is, I want to replace the Add action below (add a child record), not an action related to the parent record.

Scott_Nesbitt_0-1696445703438.png

Add it to your parent table view directly as inline action. For example into first column.

Top Labels in this Space