Is there a way to make a row editable based on dates?

I want to make a row editable with a particular view only, if the date is within 2 days of initial date i.e. Date initiated. Date initiated column is a date type which recorded the date on which the item was contracted.I have tired the following formulas in the editable section of the slice: 

((HOUR([_THISROW].[Date Initiated]-TODAY()) / 24) <= 2)

[_THISROW].[Date Initiated] + 2 <= TODAY()

Both of these do not do anything.

edit ifedit if

0 11 146
11 REPLIES 11

Use [Date initiated] >= TODAY()-2

This seems to not work as well, it makes the fields non-editable in both the true and false conditions

It sounds you have something wrong with your setup. Does it work if you write just TRUE to Editable_If?

Yes if the editable_if is true I can edit as usual, only when I write the condition it doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

"Date initiated" is a date field?

Yes. If I do use [Date initiated] >= TODAY()-2, the field also is not displayed

Are you trying to set it in the same column?

No, Im using this on the other columns like "enter progress" which are inputed with 2 days buffer from when a task is assigned. 

And yes, if that field doesn't have any value or its without initial value, it hides that field.

I see, I don't understand why as some of my columns have no inputs unless you input something. Also my Date Initiated column has an initial value of TODAY(), if that matters 

Initial value in this date field doesn't matter. Are you sure it's not working properly as if the value is false, it can hide that field. The formula is correct, no doubt about that.

Top Labels in this Space