Is there a way to make the Maximum Value Dynamic (Number Column, in Form View)?

Hello all,

I have a form view, with a number coloumn/row.

I want the max. quantity amount that users can input to be limited by the amount of laptops or iPads that are actually available at any one time (live data) e.g 40 laptops total, only 13 available - so the user cannot enter more than 13.

My data source is already working this out. I've tried entering a few different expressions under Data Validity and Auto Compute but can't seem to get anything to work.

Any suggestions?

Been racking my brains trying to figure this out.Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 23.43.50.png

Solved Solved
0 2 33
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should be able to use Valid_if for this. The expression would be something like:

• [_This]<=[Available Quantity]

Of course, I am not sure how you are getting the "available quantity", so that will need to change based on what column(s) you have

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You should be able to use Valid_if for this. The expression would be something like:

• [_This]<=[Available Quantity]

Of course, I am not sure how you are getting the "available quantity", so that will need to change based on what column(s) you have

Ah thanks so much! I tried a few different expressions under Valid If but couldn't get one to work as I had expected but this seems to have solved it!

Thanks again!

Top Labels in this Space