Is there a way to specify column's properties in the spreadsheet?

Is there a way to specify column's properties in the spreadsheet, so the properties are the same after regenerating the table?

Sometimes I need to change some column's name in the spreadsheet. After regenerating the table, I have to set all the properties again and write the appformulas.

Solved Solved
0 6 187
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm in the process of putting together a post outlining some of the peculiarities and short-comings of this system.

• It should be noted: note-parameters (as I call them) are not a natively supported thing by the platform anymore.  The engineering team is investigating the capabilities of this system, but it's not documented internally so don't count on it for mission critical things.

I'll be posting an outline of things in the coming days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're interested to see what I've been able to accomplish with this system so far, check out the following:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

My understanding is that, yes, that's possible. See @MultiTech's "auto tables", such as in his recently posted tip.

Thank you!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Uribe wrote:

Sometimes I need to change some column's name in the spreadsheet. After regenerating the table, I have to set all the properties again and write the appformulas.

Before clicking Regenerate columns, change the name of the column in the app editor. When you then click Regenerate columns, the app column name will be changed and its existing configuration will be attached to the renamed spreadsheet column.

Thank you Steve! gonna try this

I'm in the process of putting together a post outlining some of the peculiarities and short-comings of this system.

• It should be noted: note-parameters (as I call them) are not a natively supported thing by the platform anymore.  The engineering team is investigating the capabilities of this system, but it's not documented internally so don't count on it for mission critical things.

I'll be posting an outline of things in the coming days

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're interested to see what I've been able to accomplish with this system so far, check out the following:

Hi Matt, thank you so much for the help! 

Top Labels in this Space