Is there a way to store the "Get Table File Url" in a column?

Hello, Iโ€™ve gone through several posts regarding accessing work-flow generated PDFs.
With the help of related posts, I was able to access (& download/print/share) the getablefileurl with the concerned person(s).
By turning off - โ€œRequire Image and File URL Signingโ€, I would just concatenate the URL with a serial number.

CONCATENATE(ENCODEURL(https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=xxxx&tableName=xxxx&fileName=xxxx") , [Serial_Number] , โ€œ.pdfโ€)

However, this means thereโ€™s a chance someone changes the Serial Number and accesses other invoices.
So, it makes sense to turn it on for security purposes.
When the โ€œRequire Image and File URL Signingโ€ is turned on, we canโ€™t access it without โ€œ&appVersion=xxxx&signature=xxxxโ€

How can I go about obtaining the App Version and Signature?
Thanks!

0 7 869
7 REPLIES 7

There is no way AFAIK.
@Steve Any idea?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible.

Hi! I found this because I became interested in the โ€œsignatureโ€ in the following URL:

https://www.appsheet.com/fsimage.png?appid=38710ffa-ae1c-4939-b208-f43540e63eed&datasource=google&filename=DocId%3D1nwpP4dJ8_KHLj_BTLGx-1ggcUEzU4j70&signature=60799b04fc4509382c9b0727afef92423622d7fced5b2fb4e4e4d8306cb5c097&tableprovider=google&userid=2078346

The signature here seems to be

60799b04fc4509382c9b0727afef92423622d7fced5b2fb4e4e4d8306cb5c097

Is it the case that the โ€œsignatureโ€ here is for the specific file but that we cannot learn what it is, even for one of our own images? Or, does โ€œsignatureโ€ in the above URL mean something different?

The signature is a security feature designed specifically to hide the public URL of the image and to be virtually impossible to guess. In fact, I believe the signature for any given file changes over time, so that a given signature will expire and become unusable.

See also:

Thanks! Very interesting. Iโ€™ll try to study up on this. Perhaps that means that these image links to logos in AppSheet templates (thatโ€™s where I got the link), wonโ€™t copy properly in the future.

By the way, hereโ€™s another post of mine about this issue:

Alright then, is there any way to (somehow) secure it a bit?
Currently, I use a workflow automation Integromat that automatically shortens the URL using Bit.ly.
This at least hides the URL when I passed it on to the concerned party.
Maybe I can give it a try with UNIQUEID().
Thank you for clarifying @Steve.

Do not use serial numbers.
Prefer UNIQUEID() for ALL of the Key values on your tables

Top Labels in this Space