Is there any possibility to use a view type "Form" with existing data?

Hello!

Is there any possibility to use a view Form with existing data (old data from same table or another table)?

I use a Form view to create safety inspections, but, if the inspection has bad things, the inspector records them using the Form view , then, after a week, for example, he goes back to the site and does another safety inspection and he notices that the old bad things have been resolved, so he creates a new entry in the table of inspections, using the Form View, and he should be also able to see the old bad things and change their status in "Resolved" (something like this).

Could someone tell me if there is any possibility to do that? Or how could I do this?

Thank you!

Regards

Ruxandra

0 5 102
5 REPLIES 5

It sounds that you are probably looking for " Before values" solution.

The below post is a bit long with some additional points but hopefully useful.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Display-content-change-in-ChangeCounter/m-p/737...

Please post back if you are looking for something else.

Hello!

I studied the post, well, it is a little bit complicated, because I should also use a few "If" and "or", because the same form (and the same table) is used for a normal inspection, but it also should be used to close some problems found in the first inspections; we could have 5 inspections in April,  every inspection could have 1 to 10 issues found in the same place; then, in May, we create another inspection using the same form and we could close one , 3, 5 or all 10 issues found in April.

If you have any other ideas, how could I do this, it will be helpful.

Thank you!

Regards!

Ruxandra

It is not clear from your description how your data schema is set up. Anyway you may want to consider using LINKTOFORM() function based action to copy previous month's inspection record and make any changes in the new record that is copied. 

However this approach will create a new record for each month's inspection- copy previous month's inspection and create a new month's inspection record with any changes. This will also allow the users to see the previous months' inspections in separate records for the same item/equipment.

More about LINKTOFORM() function based actions is described in the articles below

App column type (deep link) - AppSheet Help

LINKTOFORM() - AppSheet Help

Sample app from the help article Get started by using the sample apps - AppSheet Help

Linktoform Example - AppSheet

Hello!

This would be one of the specific things, there could be multiple rows to bring from multiple previous months, not only one previous inspection. They should be grouped by department. I should concatenate, eventually, from many rows and many columns at the same time.

The schema is like this: data about the people engaged, names, departament, etc, data about the place(buildings)  inspected (columns in the table) or the repair works carried out on the field (columns in the table), data about the requirements to be respected (many columns in the form to be checked Yes or No), data about the issues found (10 columns, issue1, issue2, issue3, issue4, etc) - they could fill a few issues, all issues, or none, Status of the Issues

So, a row looks like this: Name, First Name of the inspector and department, Name first Name of the verified person, requirement1, requirement2, ..... requirement no. "77", Issue found1, Issue found 2, issue found 3.... issue found 10, signature and localisation, and other columns, signature, priorities, status. 

I hope I was clearer.  

Thank you for your help.

Regards!

Ruxandra

Thank you.

I think a new record for each new inspection of the same "requirement" should do the job. 

With LINKTOFORM() action the immediate previous inspection record can be copied so it works as a base record for new inspection. 

With each inspection whatever issues are corrected  will reflect so in the record for that inspection instance and whatever issues resurface will also be recorded by the inspector.

So if anyone looking at say last 6 months records of the same requirement will know how the issues have been progressively resolved or otherwise.

You could use format rules suitably so the user sees issues ( say in red font ) and resolutions( say in green font) with ease. Suitable icons could accompany those issues/ resolutions.

If user sees multiple records in a table view, it should give a good glimpse of the improvement or otherwise for the inspection of an equipment/ requirement in recent past.

Top Labels in this Space