Is there any workaround to redirect to a view when I click the 'Add' action button?

Is there a way for the ‘Add’ button to execute an action and redirect me to a view I prefer?

Currently, if I click Add button, it will redirect me to the default form view, but what I want is to redirect me to a view that is more preferred by my UX team.

PS: forgive my messy screencaps

Solved Solved
0 3 709
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Typically the default system add action button takes the user to a new form.

You could certainly evaluate using a LINKTOVIEW() deep link action or other similar deep link actions and place the custom action in the summary view with the prominence as an overlay.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Typically the default system add action button takes the user to a new form.

You could certainly evaluate using a LINKTOVIEW() deep link action or other similar deep link actions and place the custom action in the summary view with the prominence as an overlay.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Erwin_John_Aragon

In addition to what @Suvrutt_Gurjar said, you may want to set this deep link action there:

At doing so, the Add button will lead you to your form, then when saving that will execute the deep link action ==> get you wherever you need.

Oh my my! Thank you for both of you!

1. Created a Behavior->Action Go to another view within this app and set the prominence to Display overlay.

2. Set the display setting to CONTEXT(“View”)=Nameofyourview

Top Labels in this Space