Is there anyway to have a user created slice?

I have a larger table with all of the members in our system.  Each week, the app user will need to call a subset of the members from the list. The user will be told they need to call 40 members who work at Company A. The next week it may be, make 60 calls to members who work at Company B. I'm trying to find an automated solution to pull this subset into a new view for the user. The master table is a full members table with mixed employers. I created a view with the entire table that the user could just filter down to the employer group and count the number of calls they've made themselves; however, I need to show the information in a dashboard, so I can't use the filter. Is there any functionality to have the user choose the number of records and the employer from a list and create a slice based on this?

0 2 148
2 REPLIES 2

@Jennifer_Cook wrote:

IIs there any functionality to have the user choose the number of records and the employer from a list and create a slice based on this?

You can base a slice on any user-editable data.

For example, you could create a slice that filters the data to those records that are from a certain year. If a table has a Date column, and you have a UserSetting where the user can type the year on a Text column (although I prefer enum/enumlist), your row filter condition could be something like this:

TEXT([Date], "YYYY")=[_THISUSER].[TheFieldOnUserSettings]

PS: [_THISUSER].[BlaBla] is kinda the same as UserSettings(BlaBla)

I made a sample app of a quick and dirty way to do this. Create two columns in your member table one for assigned employee and on for them to check when they have made the call.

Then create new table for them to set their weekly call number and which company they are calling> Have a set of actions that sets the assigned employee column in the members table to that employee.

Then you can create a slice based on the logged in employee for their assigned columns as long as they are logging in with their email. I assumed you had and employee or a user's table but if you don't it still works just use the USEREMAIL() function.

Then have a bot that runs once as week to reset those columns in the members table.

The only real issue here is that that reset doesn't allow you to do historical KPIs for the employees. You could copy the assigned member records to a new table each time you cleared those columns to store the historical data.

Here is the app.

Set the preview app as to any of the employee emails in the employee table to test if you copy it to test it out.

Sample Employee Assignment (appsheet.com)

Top Labels in this Space