Is there currently a way to sort by row number instead of ascending/descending?

In UX -> (My Sheet) -> View options, it lets me select a column, but only lets me sort by ascending and descending alphabetically, is there a way to sort by the row number?

0 4 303
4 REPLIES 4

There is a column called Row Number

Yes, however then the list on Appsheet becomes Row Numbers. Example below;

I have 4 names that I entered in a specific rows, all under the same column; Sam (Row 1), Jordan (Row 2), Abigail (Row 3), and Beth(Row 4). I want them to be ordered chronologically from their numbers, but also have it so it displays the Names.

Incorrect examples;

Sort by Row Number:
1, 2, 3, 4 โœ–๏ธ

Sort By Name;

Abigail, Beth, Jordan, Sam โœ–๏ธ

Correct Example;

Sam, Jordan, Abigail, Beth โœ”๏ธ

It's displays the names, as well as organizes them via their designated row number. So when I open the app, Beth's name appears first because she is my latest entry, and it's easiest to see. In UX -> (My Sheet) -> View options, when entering something in the "Sort by" it gives you 2 options; column for sorting, and Ascending/Descending. If I were able to enter the name column in the first box, then enter row number in the one immediately to the right of that, I would get the result I want.

OracleNick_0-1646330267177.png

Setup Name column as "Label"

and use _RowNumber as SortBy column

You are not getting it yet, go step by step.

Any list view has columns that can be added to the view, generally this is set to default showing all of them. You should add just the Name on this case.

Then there are quick edit columns, sort by and group by. I may have ordered that wrong but just think about the fact that they exist.

Sort by doesn't care which columns are on the view, it's just serves the purpose of sorting the records. Here you can use the RowNumber and Ascending/Descending.

So, if you do that, you will get the names orderer by Row

Top Labels in this Space