Issue Opening Generated PDF in AppSheet Virtual Column

Hello AppSheet community!

I'm facing an issue with a virtual column of type "file" that should open a generated PDF. The formula I'm using is as follows:

CONCATENATE("/appsheet/data/Multisegraf-115134871/Cotizaciones/", [id_cotizacion_datos], ".pdf")

The default path in "Default app folder" is "/appsheet/data/Multisegraf-115134871" (see image 1). The bot has the following parameters for the generated PDF (see image 2). However, every time I use the action, I get an error indicating that the file cannot be found (see image 3), even though I can view it in my Drive (see image 4).

I've also attempted to create a column within Sheets using the same formula, and I encountered a similar issue (see image 5). When I test the formula for the virtual column, I get the following result (see image 6).

Any suggestions on what I can do to make this action lead me to the PDF correctly? I appreciate any help you can provide!

image 1imagen_2023-12-06_164418832.png

image 2

imagen_2023-12-06_164512779.png

image 3

imagen_2023-12-06_164612538.png

image 4

imagen_2023-12-06_164647519.png

image 5

Jean_Paul_5-1701898611881.png

image 6

imagen_2023-12-06_164723092.png

2 6 168
6 REPLIES 6

I just ran into the same issue, and i dont want to use a real column because i have many apps depending the same table, and if i modify the table it may crash all...

I have nothing to back up this assumption as I have not found this in the documentation. But, I do believe that a column type of file does not function at all as a virtual column because it is recalculated every time the app is reloaded and does not actually grab a resource like a file column does. Some of my reasoning is based on the fact that documents stored in a file type column can be downloaded to the device for offline usage whereas this does not function the same for a virtual column because it is calculated on demand.

A possible alternative without any guarantee it will work due to the same reasons would be constructing a link instead like this:

CONCATENATE("https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=", "YourAppName", "&tableName=", "YourTableName", "&fileName=", [YourFileName])

Thanks MARKUS, I couldn't get it to work, but I added the directory as one more table, and thus access the generated files.

try to move your doc format to your pdf file folder

You mean the Google doc template ?

it doesn't work

Top Labels in this Space