Issue about header and footer

Hello ! I need help !!!
I have set up my workflow template. Everything works fine, but I have a problem with header and footer.
I have placed information in header and footer but when I receive the PDF document, I see that header and footer are found in the body of the PDF. Could someone help me fix this?

0 17 1,836
17 REPLIES 17

Can you post a screenshot?

Okay

@Marcel_Duon_Blonde
When creating PDF files, Google Doc template is converted to an HTML first and then parsed as a PDF. Therefore the header and footers became a body text, as there is no header and footer area in HTML format. Chiming in @Phil

I understand. So, is it possible to use header and footer tags in my template and force it to stay at these places ?

Or I can simply use a Microsoft Word template to solvethis issue ?

@Marcel_Duon_Blonde
The templates are initially converted to HTML and then parsed as a PDF. Therefore AFAIK header and footer information will be retained in the body. I may advise not using header and footer with PDF templates. Surely @Phil may advise better than me and therefore I chimed him in.

Okay thank you for your help @LeventK

Youโ€™re welcome

Hi Marcel,

As Levent said, we do not support headers, footers, or page numbering for the reasons described in topic " Page Headers, Page Footers, and Page Numbering are Not Supported" in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2993197-google-docs-email-templates

I wish we could, but it is simply too hard.

Hello @Phil !!!
Iโ€™m sorry for the late reply.
Thanks for your reply, hope it will be done in the near future

Sorry, I think it is very unlikely we will do it anytime soon.
It would be ridiculously hard to implement.

I understand. I found a way to set up my template using an array and that solves my issue perfectly

If your business requirement allow to get the different type of files instead of PDF as a result of workflow, for instance, Excel attachment, then you can print this excel output once you receive on the email and output to PDF, then you will see Header and Footer as well as page number etc.

See this for your guidance.

@Phil

Hello @tsuji_koichi, thank you, Iโ€™ll test it !

๐Ÿ˜žbut headers are a basic en reporting. we need a solution :'(

Yeah, this is a royal pain. The entire idea of pages in many reports -- especially those deriving from data -- is to identify which of how many pages one is looking at, print time, identifier, etc. 

Supposing I wish to at least indicate at the end of the report how many pages are in the report, if I insert/page numbers/page count in the body of the page, that doesn't work either (for the reason you cite). 

I've honestly never heard a developer be so quick to say something won't be developed, in an environment (apps that create reports) where the expectation isn't going to disappear. 

I'm seeing lots of tools out there that add footers and headers to PDFs themselves. What would be "ridiculously hard" about tags that would trigger an outboard process to do that?

Hi any update on that ? I've added a footer in a Google Doc Template and it's simply not stay at the end of the page as it should be ...

Top Labels in this Space