Issue with Auto Re-open - On Cancel takes user to Main Menu vs. source Detail Screen

Functiionality:

Users can send a message along with images during their day if there's an issue. For this function, Auto ReOpen is configured on the form above to allow users the ability to insert several images as quickly as possible.

• User starts the process from a Detail View and is able to Add an image from an Inline section on the Detail View.
  • User presses Add and adds an image
  • Screen reopens but user presses Cancel

ISSUE: 

The screen used to revert back to the Detail View - the source screen from which the image was being added but it now reverts back to the main screen. It appears there was an update done in AppSheet Thursday evening for the Auto Reopen function to fix an issue on iPhone that may have impacted functionality.  The functionality (reverting back to the Detail View on Cancel vs. the Main Menu) has been in use for months and through Thursday's daily operations.

I submitted ticket to AppSheet. Has anyone seen this? 

2 1 54
1 REPLY 1

Hi Daisy,

I have a very similar functionality that has the issue that if cancelled after the first save then it reverst to the detail, but after the second save it reverts to the parent of the detail record. Even stranger, after a third save it reverts back to the landing page for the app, which isn't even a direct relation to the detail record.

I've written this up recently:

link to my post 

By the way, I had my users telling me that the form re-open is not fast enough because of all the screen animation. I worked out that you can set the behavior of the form to run the action to add a new record and it will reopen the form much faster.

Top Labels in this Space