Issue with CSV export

Hi,

I am trying to export CSV format for one of my tables but the columns from the appsheet table are all coming in one column in excel,attaching the screenshot of the export file and also of the tables.

Please let me know where am I going wrong?

2022-03-11 (1).png2022-03-11.png

Solved Solved
0 6 298
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Ok, I think this is a temporary bug then. I had a similar issue for app usage export.

You may want to fill a ticket with Support.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @Boa_Casa 

This is a csv formatting.

You may want to use the Data/Convert option

Aurelien_0-1647003944751.png

Hi Aurelien,

Thanks for the reply but I have similar export setup for a different app and it works fine. Attaching screenshot of the same. Any reason why the difference.

2022-03-11 (2).png

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Ok, I think this is a temporary bug then. I had a similar issue for app usage export.

You may want to fill a ticket with Support.

I would say that this is just a problem with excel, not AppSheet.

Also take into account that AppSheet checks the locale of your data and also you have to configure that under the action's settings.

Locale changes the separator for the data.

.CSV is not an excel file, it's a text file. You have to learn how to play with CSV. Import from Text/CSV always works for me

Hi thanks for the information but the next day itself the data was exporting correctly as desired as mentioned by @Aurelien I suppose it was a bug

It seems like the data is fine, excel should be configured properly in order to split the text into columns

Top Labels in this Space