Issue with EnumList Dropdown of Criteria

Hello!

I'm working on an AppSheet application and I'm facing a challenge related to an EnumList field called "Resultado esperado" (Expected Result). This field should allow the selection of multiple evaluation criteria from a list of criteria registered in the "IND_criteriosEvaluaciรณn" table.

The difficulty lies in the fact that some evaluation criteria contain commas in their text, which affects the functionality of the field. When using a formula to filter valid criteria based on specific conditions, the dropdown list breaks apart and displays elements separately instead of showing them as a single criterion (See image bellow).

Danny_Reyes_0-1693883708398.png

Key requirements:

• The "Resultado esperado" field should allow the multiple selection of criteria.
  • The list of criteria should be based on specific conditions, including the exclusion of criteria present in the "Resultado alcanzado" (Achieved Result) field of the "IND_LogrosMetasPeriodo_Cuali" table for a particular category and level.
  • Some evaluation criteria have commas in their text, causing issues when displaying them in the dropdown list.

Currently used this expression:

IF(
AND(
[ID Categorรญa].[ยฟEvaluaciรณn cualitativa?] = "Si",
[ID Categorรญa].[ยฟDependiente o nivel?] = "Si"
),
SELECT(
IND_criteriosEvaluaciรณn[Criterio],
AND(
[ID Categorรญa] = [_THISROW].[ID Categorรญa],
NOT(
IN(
[Criterio],
SELECT(
IND_LogrosMetasPeriodo_Cuali[Resultado alcanzado],
AND(
[ID Categorรญa] = [_THISROW].[ID Categorรญa],
[_THISROW].[ID Nivel] = [ID Nivel]
)
)
)
)
)
),
{}
)

Request for assistance:

I'm seeking a solution that allows me to filter and display a list of valid criteria in the "Resultado esperado" field in AppSheet, considering the conditions mentioned above. It's important that the solution prevents criteria with commas in their text from being separated in the dropdown list, especially when editing a previously saved "Resultado esperado."

Is there any specific formula, function, or approach I can use in AppSheet to address this problem and ensure an intact list of criteria in the EnumList field?

I greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Solved Solved
0 3 158
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

First of all, thank you for furnishing neat details about your requirement and your related app set up.

It sounds that you have [Resultado esperado] enumlist column , the enumlist options of which you are presenting through valid_if. The valid_if expression is in turn based on soem other columns. 

If so , could you please try the item separator of the column  [Resultado esperado]  as " ; " or something other than a comma (",") . Please see the screenshot below as an example. The [Products] column is an enumlist based on values that contains commas in individual values.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1693889029821.png

The valid_if expression is as follows

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1693888464877.png

And the column [Product Description] used in valid_if has data as below. ( Values with commas)

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1693888525449.png

The [Product] enumlist shows individual values with comma properly as shown below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_3-1693888585732.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

First of all, thank you for furnishing neat details about your requirement and your related app set up.

It sounds that you have [Resultado esperado] enumlist column , the enumlist options of which you are presenting through valid_if. The valid_if expression is in turn based on soem other columns. 

If so , could you please try the item separator of the column  [Resultado esperado]  as " ; " or something other than a comma (",") . Please see the screenshot below as an example. The [Products] column is an enumlist based on values that contains commas in individual values.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1693889029821.png

The valid_if expression is as follows

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1693888464877.png

And the column [Product Description] used in valid_if has data as below. ( Values with commas)

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1693888525449.png

The [Product] enumlist shows individual values with comma properly as shown below

Suvrutt_Gurjar_3-1693888585732.png

Thanks very much @Suvrutt_Gurjar for your help. 
It is working!

Thank you for the update. You are welcome.

Top Labels in this Space