Issue with Execute Action on a set of rows - Referenced Rows

I have a simple "execute an action on a set of rows" Action in place with Referenced Rows set as follows:

SELECT(project_plan_template[project_template_id],[project_template_id]=[_THISROW].[template])

The action does not work  - doesn't trigger. But, when the Referenced Rows is set to "project_plan_template[project_template_id]"  it works fine - ALL the fields are updated . Unfortunately, I need just records with the particular project_template_id designated in the SELECT statement to be updated.

Note: project_template_id is the key field for the project_plan_template table. Could this be the reason it's not working?  I've used Referenced Rows many times and not sure how I should be configuring this?

Thanks so much!

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1645577782925.png

Solved Solved
0 15 555
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Again, just to be sure your [template] col in the project_plan table contains project_template_id's, i.e 500001 ~13.

View solution in original post

Correct, or is it mix up of key  (Template_Id) and label (Template) may be? Is [Template] having template IDs?

Hello,

I believe you do not need to use SELECT in your expression; you are selecting the key column and your condition also matches the key column. Instead, I believe your expression should be: 

LIST([template])

instead of:

SELECT(project_plan_template[project_template_id],[project_template_id]=[_THISROW].[template])

Would you please try this and tell us the outcome? Thank you!

15 REPLIES 15

Just to confirm,,,

[template] is a ref col in the table project_plan that references the [project template id] of the table project_plan_template, correct?

EDITED:

The expression in the referenced rows should return a list of key values. so there is nothing wrong in specifying project_plan_template[project_template_id]

Yes, its the field that indicates which items to select from the project_plan_template table to apply the action to

Hmmm,,

What does your referenced action - set_project_template_to_insert -  do?

Here is the set action

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1645584137230.png

Again just to check,

Since your action is using INPUT function, your calling action should have inputs data like below. I do not see any.

TeeSee1_0-1645584906788.png

Here is the set_project config. But as a side note: I removed the INPUT option to simplify the testing and still had the same issue - Works only when there are no conditions on the Referenced Rows - even with the INPUT() function in use.

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1645585554844.png

The referenced rows expression in general looks good. You may wish to check in test pane if the expression returns any "Y" values by creating a VC with that expression. This testing will be useful because "project_plan_template[project_template_id]" works fine. So maybe while further qualifying argument is causing an issue of not returning any rows.

Hi Suvrutt, when I click on the test option , there are no records - expression results are blank but when I look at the Test Results table, these are not fields from the project_plan_template table. These appear to be records from the project_plan table

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1645584612809.png

Daisy_Ramirez_1-1645584826361.pngDaisy_Ramirez_2-1645584866180.png

Again, just to be sure your [template] col in the project_plan table contains project_template_id's, i.e 500001 ~13.

I believe, the referenced rows expression should return at least one value as "Y". 

There are no "Y's"

I have an idea and will reconfigure. Thanks so much!

Correct, or is it mix up of key  (Template_Id) and label (Template) may be? Is [Template] having template IDs?

Thank you. Request you to post back with the resolution if possible. Anybody reading the post thread in future will benefit from it.

Hello,

I believe you do not need to use SELECT in your expression; you are selecting the key column and your condition also matches the key column. Instead, I believe your expression should be: 

LIST([template])

instead of:

Would you please try this and tell us the outcome? Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space