Issue with Images and Files

Anyone else having issues with Files and images not showing up? 

<html>
        <body style="margin:20px">
          <div>&#39;Invoices\2024011714145359.pdf&#39; not found</div>
          <div>Probable cause: N/A</div>
          <div><ul><div>
   <div>Path: Root</div>
   <div>Result: FAILURE</div>
   <div>Message: N/A</div>
   <details>

Whenever I try to open a file it just spits out a raw html response back into my browser. Some of the images seem to exist in my thumbnails even if i open the app in incognito to see if it's a cache thing but none of the files seem to be working. As far as I know we haven't changed anything on our own end. Can't remember the last time I even opened the app editor it's been months if not years. We're using google drive to hold all of our files and images. (Yes I am submitting a support ticket after making this post, the forum always seemed to be better, faster, stronger than support ever was in the past)

1 5 275
5 REPLIES 5

I see now. It appears there is at least one other individual that posted about this. I just tested on one of my applications, and it appears I do NOT have this problem. But as you correctly identified, this issue is probably better handled with Appsheet support as it probably has something to do with their end of things vs specifically with your app.

Any chance either the image folder or gSheet's location is changed in your Drive?

0 chance of the image folder changing, it's also not every image even though every image is in the same folder and follows the same file naming conventions and all created with the same process. My best guess is some kinda of caching is going wrong cause i created a whole new app, gave it the table that contains our file references, checked that i still can't see many images yet some still show up, changed the table to use an AWS S3 object store and there are still images that are showing up despite having the table supposedly linked to a completely empty S3 bucket. Yes I closed every browser window I have on my computer and opened up incognito chrome tab, logged in, some images still there, most missing. 

I'm also having problems.  One image gave me the triangular "broken link" error mark but I was able to locate the image (and view it) in the proper folder in Google Drive. 

Ah, this just in: The image I was writing about is now view able in the app but I'm getting the following error for a minority of my images, all of which are unchanged and have worked until now:

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 13.45.12.png

Actually, just in the time I've been writing this message, my images have returned -- my of which after an extended delay in loading.

I suspect @Denny774 has pointed us to the cause: a change in how Google Drive stores images:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/Google-Drive-issue-affecting-images/m-p/697399...

Top Labels in this Space