Issue with QR Code in Generated PDF File

Hellooo Amazing community.

I  am having some trouble with my pdf that was generated in a workflow.

I have a QR code column (image type) in my table which generates a QR code using the following Formula:

CONCATENATE(
    "https://barcode.tec-it.com/barcode.ashx?data=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.appsheet.com%2Ftemplate%2Fgettablefileurl%3FappName%3DNewApp-2369121%26tableName%3DMaster%26fileName%3DFiles%2F",
    [Staff ID],
    ".pdf&code=MobileQRCode&dpi=300&imagetype=Png&eclevel=L"
)

In my app, the QR code URL is working as intended - see below:

Aaron_B_0-1653105210345.png

However, when this QR code is generated in my PDF report (using workflow). The link is broken - see below:

Aaron_B_1-1653105315540.png

Does anyone know the reason for this issue?

0 15 810
15 REPLIES 15

What do you mean "the link is broken"? What exactly is the issue?

Hi Marc. Thanks for the response.

The issue is that the QR code in my app does not have the same link as the one in the generated PDF.

My goal is to get this exact QR code to show in my PDF report:

Aaron_B_0-1653197171552.png

But for some reason I'm getting the following instead:

Aaron_B_1-1653197197865.png

The template-generated URL is truncated. Please check the expression inside your template, or just replace it with the value of your image column, instead of repeating the formula.  

Hi Joseph,

Below is my column type along with the value.

Aaron_B_0-1653221879807.png

Aaron_B_1-1653221965197.png

and below is my template:

Aaron_B_3-1653221999854.png

is something wrong with it?

I am also facing the exact same issue for the last couple of weeks.

The QR code in the app works fine, but in the generated template it is different.

I am guessing it may be because of the large url we are trying to embed in QR?

Is there any solution to this?
@Marc_Dillon @Steve 

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe AppSheet has a minimum amount of URL characters that can be transferred in the template.

@Aleksi Can you help here?

@WillowMobileSys  you reckon you can help here?

Maybe instead of tagging random people to help you, you should be experimenting with it yourself and providing more details into this thread.

Hi Marc,
I believe this community exists for people to ask for any advice and for people to offer any advice if they can.
Maybe if you had considered for a moment that we tried working and experimenting on the issue at our end for a long time and come here only after exhausting most options.
I also mentioned that it had been several weeks since I was looking for a solution.

We post here to understand if other users are facing similar issues or if there are certain limitations to Appsheet.

Hi Yogesh,

Did you get to fix your issue?

pex
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hello! 

Was going through the same, try the solution posted on the link below, it worked for me. 

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Incompleted-URL-when-generated-to-QR-barcode/m-...

Long story short:
ENCODEURL() - AppSheet Help

same case, not work in my work when QR cannot complately genereted to PDfmy syntax i guest this syntax is right but QR cannot complately generated in PDFmy syntax i guest this syntax is right but QR cannot complately generated in PDF

You shouldn't be using nested encodeurl()s, that'll cause issues. Just use one for the entire url string.

Top Labels in this Space