Issue with Valid If expression for numeric fields in AppSheet

こんにちは

皆さんお元気でいらっしゃいますように。AppSheetでの作業中に発生した問題を報告するために書いています。具体的には、数値型、10 進数型、価格型などの数値を処理するフィールドに Valid If 式を使用すると、予期しない動作が発生します。

これらの数値フィールドの入力を10未満の値に制限する必要があるという要件があります。これを実現するために、Valid If 列で次の式を使用してみました: [_THIS]<10。ただし、望ましい動作は示されていません。

問題は、値「10」を入力しても、期待どおりにエラーが発生しないことです。理想的には、入力値が「10」に等しい場合は、無効と見なされ、エラーメッセージが表示されます。

この問題に関してあなたが提供できる支援やガイダンスをいただければ幸いです。目的の動作を達成するための回避策または代替アプローチがある場合は、お知らせください。

あなたの時間と注意をありがとう。この件に関してコミュニティからの連絡を楽しみにしています。

敬具、
ダイ。

Solved Solved
0 5 271
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@daisuke_suzuki wrote:

Does the Valid If expression only evaluate when a value is modified?

Yes

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

In a brief test, it looks like it works for me in a Decimal column--at least, in the expression editor's Test function and in the app editor's emulator.

Maybe post a screenshot of your column configuration and the app behavior you observe. Someone might notice a misconfigured detail.

dbaum_0-1684283544119.png

dbaum_1-1684283800491.png

Dear dbaum,

I apologize for the confusion caused earlier. The issue at hand was indeed a misunderstanding on my part. Here is a clarification of what was actually happening:

Initially, I entered the value "10" before setting the Valid If expression to [_THIS]<10.
I then proceeded to set the Valid If expression to [_THIS]<10.
When attempting to update the data, I changed the input value to something else and then reverted it back to "10" without saving. Surprisingly, no error was triggered in this scenario.
Based on this observation, I would like to confirm if my understanding is correct: Does the Valid If expression only evaluate when a value is modified?

Thank you for your patience and assistance in resolving this matter.

Best regards,
Daisuke

@daisuke_suzuki wrote:

Does the Valid If expression only evaluate when a value is modified?

Yes

Dear dbaum,

I wanted to express my sincere appreciation for your prompt response and valuable assistance in addressing my query. Thanks to your confirmation, I now have a clear understanding of the Valid If expression behavior in AppSheet.

With the issue resolved, I kindly request the closure of the support ticket. Once again, thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Dai

@daisuke_suzuki wrote:

closure of the support ticket

If you're referring to this conversation, there's no support ticket involved. This is just an ad hoc volunteer community. If you opened a case with AppSheet Support, that's separate and nothing you post here will be seen by them.

Top Labels in this Space