Issue with action step showing on dynamic email

I have a bot that sends a dynamic email to a user when a record is submitted.  The user is to approve the record or not in the dynamic email.  This works great, however, late last week a random "New step Action -1 button showed up on the top of the dynamic email view.  This button does nothing, however, it looks horrible.  I tried to hide it, but it is not in my list of the actions (yes I looked at system-generated actions) or in any of my other bots.  This button does not exist in my app, yet it is on the dynamic view.

Spitfire_0-1660602258152.png

I tried to click on the button, but it gives me an error message in the dynamic email:

Spitfire_1-1660602365082.png

Any thoughts on how to hide this, or is this a glitch?

0 4 243
4 REPLIES 4

I noticed recently, that some of the actions from a bot are now visible

• Which, if you've got a lot of actions from automation, means there's suddenly a SEA of actions visible on the forms

Probly has something to do with linking.... 🤔

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

Currently we are working on the fix for this glitch. 

As a current workaround,
1) Go to the step in the bot which uses data action. In your case the step name might most likely be 'New step'.

2) Enable 'Linking ON' as shown in the screenshot.

Enable Linking of ActionEnable Linking of Action

3) Navigate to the 'Behavior' tab on the left pane and now you should be able to see the created Data Action (New step Action - 1).  
4) Choose the data action and expand the 'Appearance' section. Change the 'Prominence' to 'Do not display' as shown in the screenshot.

Display PreferenceDisplay Preference

5) Again proceed to the bot and disable 'Linking ON'

Thank you for this workaround.  The work around works great! 

Top Labels in this Space