Issue with copying app and data source

I copied my app to a new account, including the data. Whenever I copy my app, the new datasource is renamed โ€œTypeโ€ which is the name of the first table listed in my app. I think the new datasource should have the same name as the new app name. But thatโ€™s another topic.

As you can see by the screenshot. I have inconsistent Sources listed. After changing some of the tables to point to the renamed source and saving and reloading the app, I got all the tables to correctly reference the data source, Requests, but no matter what I try, I canโ€™t get the source listed in the header to reference the correct Source name.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

Solved Solved
0 2 1,052
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you change the name of the GSheet file, Appsheet doesnโ€™t really care, so long as the DocId is the same, which renaming the file doesnโ€™t change this.
I have plenty of instances where this โ€œsource:โ€ in the table header is stuck on the old name value, but the โ€œSource Pathโ€ dropdown is correctly showing the same file and the new name.
Maybe not quite the same case as what youโ€™re saying, but it has not caused me any issues.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If you change the name of the GSheet file, Appsheet doesnโ€™t really care, so long as the DocId is the same, which renaming the file doesnโ€™t change this.
I have plenty of instances where this โ€œsource:โ€ in the table header is stuck on the old name value, but the โ€œSource Pathโ€ dropdown is correctly showing the same file and the new name.
Maybe not quite the same case as what youโ€™re saying, but it has not caused me any issues.

Thanks Marc. Good to know.

Top Labels in this Space