Issue with the references

I have two tables in an app, one table is taken from another app lets name it as Asset Details and another table is within the app lets name it as Breakdown Intimation. Asset Details Table has Plant S.No column with data present in it and column type is text and it is a label and in Breakdown Intimation Table has column named as Asset Tag and its column type is ref to Asset Details, now when I click on the Asset Tag column it need to show me the list of Plant S.No in drop down, but it is not happening and I have used various formula's but it is not working, please help me with this

1 REPLY 1

Hi Nani. If I understand correctly, this is the situation ? 

GFormMLH_0-1695903365449.png

What you want to do is using the same tables for both apps, and hiding one table for the user (it's not really a link between apps).

This should be the configuration, just to be sure : 

>> In APP2 Asset Details,  at least add an uniqueID column and make it key. Keep Plant S.Nยฐ as the key column only if they are unique values.

Back in APP1, add the Asset details table. Configure it in the same way as in APP2. Mark it as read-only.

Then, edit your Asset tag column. Make it a ref type column. A ref to Asset details column. This should work. Else put in suggested values :  Asset details[Plant S.Nยฐ]

Top Labels in this Space