Issue with writing too google sheet

I am experiencing an issue where a specific field in my spreadsheet is being deleted after every change made in my AppSheet app. This is happening consistently, and I have confirmed that all other fields are updating correctly in the spreadsheet.

I have checked the column schema in AppSheet and confirmed that the column is defined correctly with the appropriate column name, data type, and other properties. I have also verified that the synchronization settings between AppSheet and the spreadsheet are configured correctly for this column to be transferred to the spreadsheet.

I have also reviewed any workflows or automated processes in AppSheet that may affect the data in the spreadsheet, but could not identify any that would result in the field being deleted.

I have also checked the actions of app users to ensure that the field is not being deleted accidentally by a user.

I would appreciate your assistance in diagnosing and resolving this issue. Please let me know if there are any further troubleshooting steps I can take or if you need any additional information from me to investigate this issue.

Thank you for your support.

Solved Solved
0 15 308
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jyothis_m wrote:

can you try changing that particular column to Non-Editable in Appsheet and save the Editor to see any warning or error appears in Editor

Have you tried this

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

jyothis_m_0-1681187949870.png

Is the Reset on Edit enabled for that column. Also please check the Initial Value given for the column.

Reset when editing? This box is unchecked, it is not selected.

can you try changing that particular column to Non-Editable in Appsheet and save the Editor to see any warning or error appears in Editor

@dbaum wrote:

Here's a troubleshooting technique to try if you're using Google Sheets: Review the cell's edit history. That should provide insight into when and by whom the spreadsheet data is being deleted.

The problem is that the field in Excel remains empty after all other fields are filled. This field, which remains empty, contains Date. The other fields are written correctly. In the log on excel, I can see that everything is being written, but it disappears after all fields have been written.

The problem is that the field in Excel remains empty after all other fields are filled. This field, which remains empty, contains Date. The other fields are written correctly. In the log on excel, I can see that everything is being written, but it disappears after all fields have been written.

That sounds strange. Can you try disabling all Automations for this table temporarily just to make sure that the automation is not causing this behaviour. 

Confirm whether the app has any actions configured for the table that might be update the [Date] column.

Confirm whether the [Date] column has the Reset on edit? property mistakenly enabled.

Does this column have a sheet formula? an app formula or initial value?

What is correct date formula for Year like 1985 is it "Date(yyyy)" indata it's 01.01.1877

If you are saving the year only then i think its better to keep the type as TEXT or NUMBER. 

But with text i get issues with to search the info.

@jyothis_m wrote:

Have you tried this

Yes i get issues. Wrong format.

Top Labels in this Space