Issues with how ENUMLIST is treated?

I have an app that saves data to a database (in case that's relevant).  I am noticing today some odd behavior when attempting to use an ENUMLIST to check for presence of a value using the IN() function

It seems I have to also SPLIT() the  ENUMLIST by its delimiter to get a proper List of values to inspect.  In other words, the EnumList column is not being treated as a List by default.  This behavior is relatively new.  See image below for difference.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 11.22.22 AM.png

0 6 98
6 REPLIES 6

Is the [System Notifications] column in the "Employees" table?

Yes, it is a physical collumn in the Employees database table.

I have used this kind of formula here and there and I have not seen this kind of behavior where it doesn't work properly.

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @WillowMobileSys 

As far as I remember, even though EnumList suggests it is being treated as a list, it its first of all treated as a text.

I did not dug it for retrieving it, but Steve explained that once in an old post from 2021 or so.

I personnaly use to wrap it in a SPLIT() expression everytime.

Thanks for the input.  That hadn't been my perception but maybe I have been wrong?

Additionally, it seemd to be working just fine for many months until I just recently made a change and tested it.

Just in case it helps. A quick testing shows that the IN() seems to be working okay when tested in a VC and on a Google sheet backend. 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1706720625968.png

Top Labels in this Space