Issues with selecting rows in another table to delete

Hi there, I have two tables that are linked, and I want to delete some rows in one table, via an action on rows in the other table. I can see what action I need, I can filter the action to only work on the rows I want it to work from, but I can't make sense of what to put in the Referenced Rows field.

The tables are as follows...

Table: "Loxone Ports"
Columns: "Port Name" [text, key + label], "Type" [enum], "Extension"[ref]
Table: "Loxone Extensions"
Columns: "Extension Name", [text, key + label], "Type" [enum], "Lox Ports"[reverse ref]

If I create an action on the Extensions table, and I set it to "Execute an action on a set of rows",  I reference the "Loxone Ports" table, I just need to know how to select the rows I want to execute the action against. I've tried to make it simple and to just delete a single static row with the Name of "TEST"...

SELECT(Loxone Ports[Port Name],[Port Name]="TEST")
...this does nothing, and throws no errors

<EDIT>
I've also tried  LIST("TEST") where "TEST" is the key for a record I want to delete, and I get the same behaviour
</EDIT>

Ultimately, I need to delete only the rows in the ports table that are the ones linked to the object I'm executing the actions against, in the extensions table. I also want to only delete rows of a particular type, but that can wait until I've understood why I can't seem to make the basics work.

Any advice gratefully received!

0 6 95
6 REPLIES 6

Can you provide a screenshot of your table's data structures so we can see how you have them linked? 

Thanks, see below...
Ports Column referencing the ExtensionsPorts Column referencing the ExtensionsPortsPortsExtensionsExtensions

Try:

SELECT(Loxone Parts[Port Name],[Extension]=[_THISROW].[Extension Name])

..thanks, but this doesn't work - it doesn't throw an error or anything, it just doesn't do anything to the referenced table. I tried this initially, and after being frustrated I cut it right back to the hard-coded expression in my OP, where I'm just trying to select a row with a specific name (which also doesn't work).

I ran across a similar problem recently and ended up reporting it as a bug.  I also contacted support and for the past few days, I've been getting notifications that they are playing with my app, but they haven't told me anything yet.  You might want to try to create the most literal values possible by copying your key field values into a List() function for your referenced rows.  If that fails (as it does with my issue) then you know you're experiencing the same bug as me and you can stop assuming it's a problem with your formula.

...thanks, I tested this and I can confirm the same behaviour. Looks like a
bug then.
Top Labels in this Space