Issues with template using nested start functions

Hi,

I am having issues generating a report template in word. I am wanting to pull in images from a grandchild table.

Originally I tried nesting start/end function in each column of my template like image A below

In this instance the Related XY is a virtual column in the parent table, the Related XYZ is a virtual column in the child table, and the Timestamp (ect) are in the grandchild table

However the issue with this is that it lists all the information separate to the adjacent column resulting in formatting issues (and does not create a row for each entry).

What I am currently trying to do is something like image B below

But it is not working- the error message I am getting is saying is Workflow rule โ€˜Report for Ring Inspectionโ€™ action โ€˜Action 1โ€™ Body template. Expression โ€˜[Related XYZ]โ€™ is invalid due to: Unable to find column โ€˜Related XYZโ€™, did you mean โ€˜Related XYโ€™? .

Solved Solved
0 4 2,383
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Yasmin,

I am not sure how to achieve exactly what you want.

The following approach will result in a separate table for each child record. Each instance of the table will contain the grandchild values for an individual child record.

Remove << Start: [Related XY]>> from the leftmost cell and put it just above the table.
That leaves << Start: Related XYZ] >><< Timestamp>> in the leftmost cell.

Remove << End >> from the righmost cell and put it just below the table.
That leaves << [Description] >> << End >> in the rightmost cell.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@ybyrnes
Have you checked this page?

I have indeed, but couldnโ€™t spot the solution. My understanding was that the embedded templates where more focused on using parent and grandparent tables rather than child and grandchild tables. Maybe I miss understood it.

Hi Yasmin,

I am not sure how to achieve exactly what you want.

The following approach will result in a separate table for each child record. Each instance of the table will contain the grandchild values for an individual child record.

Remove << Start: [Related XY]>> from the leftmost cell and put it just above the table.
That leaves << Start: Related XYZ] >><< Timestamp>> in the leftmost cell.

Remove << End >> from the righmost cell and put it just below the table.
That leaves << [Description] >> << End >> in the rightmost cell.

Thank you- I had tried various solutions like that but not actually removing the first start/end function from the table

Top Labels in this Space