It cannot be sorted in descending order in desktop mode.

There is no problem with descending alignment in mobile mode, but not in desktop mode.
The date can be sorted in descending order on other screens, but only the timestamp seems to be a problem.

Mobile mode descending ok.pngDesktop mode descending fail.png

0 4 241
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

I played around with a tester app.  I am not seeing any issues with applying the default Descending order when browser version of app launches for a normal view or a view in a Dashboard... nor any issue with changing the sort order - for either a DateTime column or a ChangeTimestamp column (since you said a "timestamp" column).

We do not see ALL of the columns in the view - any possibility that a Sort has been applied to one of the columns not shown?  There is only single level sorting in AppSheet so if another column is sorted it will remove the sort on the existing column.

Additionally, I am little confused by your view.  How is it that you have the left-side scrollable panel just below the Transfer view name?  I am not aware of any way in AppSheet to do that - but maybe I have missed something new?

Hello
Thank you for your answer.

I think it's a bug because the desktop mode is still a preview version.
If you select Desktop Mode from the options below and access it from the pc web, it changes to that screen. And the scrollable screen on the left is the group column.

Desktop mode.png

Ah ok!  I knew Desktop changes were coming but missed the Announcement of the Preview Mode.  I have been away frequently over the past couple months.

Not that this is Preview only - you do not want to create ANY production apps using the functionality.

For any bugs/issues - please note them on the Announcement thread - link below.  AppSheet will be watching it for anything they need to pay attention to.  Your bug is definitely one they'll want to know about.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Announcements/In-Preview-New-UI-design-for-desktop-users/m-p...

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Attn @Arthur_Rallu 

Top Labels in this Space