Item in Related list from slice opens not filtered detailed view

I have a table "woocommerce products"  with a ref row relationship to a slice "product variations 2"

When choosing (clicking) on an item from the related list (related product variations 2) the detail view opened is from a non-filtered row.

The "product variations 2" slice is filtered for most recent date and the item opened is the least recent. In other words, the inline view is referencing the wrong item.

Images to illustrate (captions explain each one):

Filtered by most recent date sliceFiltered by most recent date sliceref row column at "woocomerce products" tableref row column at "woocomerce products" tableinline view of related product variations (notice the price of the top product)inline view of related product variations (notice the price of the top product)detail view of "oyster-es" product, notice the price is different (itยดs the least recent product)detail view of "oyster-es" product, notice the price is different (itยดs the least recent product)

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 15.54.22.png

The system is not linking the inline view item to the detail view of that same item. The ref row is "parent woo id" which is common to several (different DateTime however).

Iยดve tried a key that concatenates the Datetime column and the "variation id" however it breaks the connection to the parent table (woocommerce products) and when changing the ref row reference at the parent table i get an error _THISROW not found.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 4 158
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I added a unique id column to the "product variations" table and it solved the problem!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Show variation ID column in your Inline view to confirm that the row you are clicking on is indeed different than the row displayed in the Detail view.  

Have you by chance implemented your own "Row Selected" action in the Inline view?

I added a unique id column to the "product variations" table and it solved the problem!

Yes.  If the column you set as they Key is NOT unique - i.e. several rows has that same value as key, then AppSheet will simply select the first row with that key.  It very well may not be the row you started with/clicked on.

Key columns must ALWAYS have a unique value per row.  The best way to accomplish this without the need to think about it and without any concern is to use a DEDICATED key column that is assigned with the UNIQUEID() function - aka a dataless key...meaning it is not tied to any of the row data in any way, shape or form.

The odd thing is that I checked the DateTime as well as the variation id columns to make a concatenated key which was unique due to the DateTime, however this is where I was getting the wrong result at the detail view.

Top Labels in this Space