Item separator for EnumList works in GoogleSpreadSheet but not in Excel

Hey
I try to avoid the separator " , " and use instead "_". In the app saved on Google drive using Spread sheet it works. Using the app saved on sharepoint using Excel it does not. Does someone has an answer to solve this problem?

0 6 195
6 REPLIES 6

Are you referring to the ability to change the "item separator" within an AppSheet column? (see image below)

In what way does this not work when connected to an Excel sheet?  Confirm the column type in the sheet itself.  General text is best.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 4.07.25 PM.png

Yes, I am refering to this column. I'm using a "_" as Item separator. But it changes to " , " automatically. I'm using "Standard" as column type in the Excel sheet. It also did not work after changing the column type to "Text"

Since you are having problems with just "_", you could change it to " _ "

Now, remember that you have to change the data on your worksheet at the same time you change your item separator inside AppSheet.

In general, it's not advisable to change the default item separator, I haven't had problems with it except when I though it was a good idea to change it

It works fine in my case, using Excel on OneDrive as well as Sharepoint

What kind of column type do you use in Excel?

Idk what you mean by this but if you are talking about the format, I leave almost everything as text except dates and numbers

Top Labels in this Space