Key uniqueid changes?

I have a table with a column UNIQUEID() that I have AppSheet compute.

Another column in the table is an image type. When I go to the form of my table to edit / upload an image, I see the UNIQUEID. Then I upload the image and go back to my form for the same row and I check the UNIQUEID again and it is different from before? Why? I thought using UNIQUEID would keep the same value throughout. I am using the UNIQUEID column as my table key but itโ€™s not useful if it changes.

0 6 284
6 REPLIES 6

Please provide more screenshots of the situation.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Do you have Reset on edit? enabled for the column?

Note, too, that the use of UNIQUEID() does not automatically make the column a key column. If the value is changing, that suggests the column is not the key column, as AppSheet itself prevents changes to key columns after the row is first saved.

I donโ€™t see a reset on edit option anywhere?

If the column is key, the Reset on edit? option is not available.

Oh, well the column is a key. The discrepancy seems to be coming from where the row is added. If a new row is added via AppSheet the UNIQUEID() stays constant. But if the row is added from my Google sheet, and I later on edit that row, then the UNIQUEID() changes. My data column for UNIQUEID():

How is that done? How is the row given a key column value that way? How does the app become aware of the new row? Is the row visible in the app before its edited in the app?

Top Labels in this Space