LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() from a filtered table to target table with same filter

Hi,

For the sake of testing, I have two tables, Table A and Table B. They have the same columns and same data. The keys are exact matches in each table. No ref type columns.

tjr2484_0-1697009809238.png

I'm trying to allow the user to go from a 'table' view type in Table A to another 'table' view type in Table B, carrying across the filtered data from Table A. Here is what the user should expect.

1. Click the 'category B' bar of this Statistics chart view type within Table B.

tjr2484_1-1697009941286.png

2. They're then taken as a click-through to a 'table' view type of Table B, with the "system applied filter" (or however one would call this) where [Category] = "Category B".

3. I want to create an action button that is displayed overlay/prominently, and when clicked, takes the user to Table A's 'table' view type with the filter applied, specifically link to another view in this app.

How can I include all the (filtered) rows in the current 'table' view type of Table B in an navigation action that automatically filters the target table view type in Table A with the same filtered rows?

I've tried almost every way I can think of using SELECT(), IN() as the filter condition for LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() (not to mention the button disappears from the table view and only displays in single-row detail view when I utilize [_THISROW]).

e.g.
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Display filtered rows",[_THISROW].[product id]=[product id])

0 1 194
1 REPLY 1

@tjr2484 wrote:

I've tried almost every way I can think of using SELECT(), IN() as the filter condition for LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() (not to mention the button disappears from the table view and only displays in single-row detail view when I utilize [_THISROW]).

EAch View is defined for a specific datasource. So, you would need to have a View defined for each table - e.g. "Table A Filtered Rows", "Table B Filtered Rows", etc.   Then in each LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW()  action you would need to specify which table view you are transitioning to...

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("Table B Filtered Rows",[_THISROW].[product id]=[product id])

HOWEVER....

Though you have not described your data and why you are segregating between tables, I think there are much better ways to handle the visualization of your Product information.  Here are a couple of alternatives:

1)  Have a single Product table and include ALL of the unique columns.  You can then separate the columns into Tabs on your views.  You can do this on both Form Views will entering or editing the Product information as well as visualizing the Product data in a single Detail View with tabs separating the data.

2)  Create Parent/Child relationships - Here you would have a main Product table, the Parent, with all of the common Product information.  Then you can add Child tables with separate columns that link back to the Parent through a Ref column.  In this alternative, each Child table would be visualized as a distinct inline table on the Form and Detail views. 

Typically the Child tables are used to represent multiple detail items.  For example.  Maybe the Product is a Brand Name Shirt but there are different styles (collared, vp-neck, tee),colors (blue, white, green) and sizes (XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL) that you wish to track individually.  The parent table would list the main information - Item, Brand, Description, Avail Styles, Avail Colors, Avail Sizes.  A Child table would list a row for each combination of Style, Color and Size.

Both of the alternatives allow a user to see all of the Product details without having to build in special custom navigation to get to those details.

Please ask questions if yo need more information.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space