LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW with data value filter

Hello to everyone,
I’m working on a budget tracker for my family and I’m trying to create an action with a filter condition–> When i click on this action in the red box, i would see only the data related to the income of the mounth (december 2021)
3X_2_5_2527d6d2cae70f7b0c354eb31687a18b37faf97b.png

This detail view is based on table “Bilancio” as you can see in this printscreen.
3X_4_b_4bcdf4aaf3d5f9536342090a12520ba693e2e11f.png

When i click in the action i would see in the app the value related to the december mounth on the table “Entrate” in the UX “Cash In”
3X_1_c_1cda37e9b0de76899062bc5a71aa11e75f76a774.png

I’m using this formula in the action
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Cash In”,[Data]=[???])

Could I use formula CONTAINS? In order to select only data value that contains the month in the data?

TKS to ALL!!!

Solved Solved
0 4 143
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Basically the TEXT() expression extracts the month and date( “MMYYYY”) from the [Data] column of the “Bilancio” table with the expression TEXT([_THISROW].[Data],“MMYYYY”) and compares it with the [Data] column values of the “Entrate” with the expression TEXT([Data],“MMYYYY”)

Thus only the filtered rows in the table “Entrate” matching the month and year from “Bilancio” table are returned. The expressions use TEXT() functions.

For constructing LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() between two tables, please take a look at the below article

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You could try the below expression

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Cash In”,TEXT([_THISROW].[Data],“MMYYYY”)= TEXT([Data],“MMYYYY”))

Edit: Made changes to the expression to take care of year component as well.

It works perfectly, could you explain me this expression in word? I’d like figure out better the syntax.
TKS!!

Basically the TEXT() expression extracts the month and date( “MMYYYY”) from the [Data] column of the “Bilancio” table with the expression TEXT([_THISROW].[Data],“MMYYYY”) and compares it with the [Data] column values of the “Entrate” with the expression TEXT([Data],“MMYYYY”)

Thus only the filtered rows in the table “Entrate” matching the month and year from “Bilancio” table are returned. The expressions use TEXT() functions.

For constructing LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() between two tables, please take a look at the below article

You’ve been very kind! TKS

Top Labels in this Space